To add a visualization to a roadmap you start by creating a new view. Each roadmap view can have only one visualization: a Timeline OR a Swimlane.
Whichever visualization type you choose, you will want to tailor your view to a specific audience by filtering the data on one or more fields. A view's filter set defines the subset of roadmap data that gets visualized. Filters are applied to both items and milestones. Any items or milestones that don't match the selected field values are excluded from the view.
Creating a view
1. On the Roadmap navbar, click the + View button.
2. In the New View dialog, enter a name for the new view (Title).
3. Select a Visualization Type for the view. You can skip this step and add the visualization later.
4. Click Create.
Here's a snapshot of what the screen looks like after you create the view without selecting a visualization.
At this point, the view has no filters and you can see all the roadmap items in the Items Table and all the milestones (if any) in the Milestones Table.
Adding filters to the view
1. On the View navbar, click the Filter icon.
2. In the Filter panel, click a field you want to filter on.
3. In the values flyout, select one or more field values to match items and milestones against.
For example, you may want to create a view showing only items that have been proposed or are in the backlog. You would then select Status as the field and Proposed or Backlog for the field values.
4. Add any other filters as above. As you add filters, you'll see them appear in the Applied Filters list at the top of the panel
TIP: Mouse over a filter in the list and click X to clear it. To clear all filters, click Default Filters.
5. Click the Apply Filters button to apply the filters and save them as the view's filter set.
Here's a snapshot of what the Items Table might look like after you apply the filters.
Who can create new views?
You can create a new roadmap view if you are the roadmap Owner or the roadmap has been shared with you as an Editor. If you share the roadmap as a Viewer, you can't add any views to it.