If you don't want to add filters to a new view from scratch, you can leverage an existing view by editing the view's filters and saving them as a new view. Of course, you can also edit the filters in the new view after you create it.
NOTE: You can also leverage an existing view by copying its filter set to a new view.
Saving filters as a new view
1. In the View dropdown on the Roadmap navbar, select the view you want to leverage.
2. On the View navbar, click the Filter icon.
3. In the Filter panel, add, edit, and remove filters as needed (see Filter items in Creating and Working with Items and Milestones).
4. Click the Save as View button at the bottom of the panel.
5. In the Save as View dialog, enter a new name for the view.
6. Click Create.
Who can save filters as a new view?
The permissions to save a view's filters as a new view and to create a new view from scratch are the same. You must be the roadmap Owner or the roadmap has been shared with you as an Editor. If you share the roadmap as a Viewer, you can't add any new views to it no matter how.