JIRA Unable to Connect
If you find yourself in a position where you are unable to connect to your company's JIRA server, please try the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Ensure that you have administrator access to your company's JIRA server.
- Double check your login credentials to make sure they're correct.
- Confirm if your network is behind a firewall. If you are then you may need to speak to your administrator about whitelisting Roadmunk.
If the issue is still occurring then feel free to reach out to our team so that we can help you further.
JIRA Username and Atassian ID
Atlassian is in the process of converting JIRA accounts to sign in with Atlassian ID's.
Please use your JIRA username with your AtlassianID password in order to connect with the JIRA integration.
You can find your JIRA Username in your Profile Settings within JIRA.
Workaround for SSO and Google Login
- Log out of JIRA
- Open the Atlassian Password Reset Page and enter your email address https://id.atlassian.com/login/resetpassword
- Check your email for a message from Atlassian
- Within the email, open the link to Reset Your Password
- Set a new password
- Go back to Roadmunk and within the JIRA integration, enter your JIRA Username and the password you just set