CSV Separator Defaults in Roadmunk
Any CSV file exported from Roadmunk will default to the North American standard settings for separators; however, many of our users are setup on systems that don’t support this standard and may face issues when opening their CSV files in Excel, Numbers, or other spreadsheet software. The guides below will walk you through the process of setting up your system so that you can successfully import Roadmunk’s CSV files in both Windows and Mac OS.
Changing CSV Defaults on Windows
In order to change the CSV separator defaults in your system for Windows:
- Click the Start button or press the Windows key, and then click/type Control Panel.
- Open the dialog box for changing Regional and Language Settings.
- In the List Separator box, type or select a standard comma ( , ).
- Click Ok twice.
Changing CSV Defaults on Mac (Mojave)
In order to change the CSV separator defaults in your system for Mac:
- Navigate to your System Preferences and select the Language & Region option. Alternatively, press Command + Space and type in “Language”.
- Click the Advanced button in the bottom-right corner.
- In the Number separators options, change the decimal setting from a comma ( , ) to a period ( . )
- Click OK in the bottom right corner
Note: After you change the list separator character for your Mac or PC, all programs will use the new character as a list separator. You can change the character back to the default character by following the same procedures listed above.