For more details on available features in other plans, click here.
Terms to Know
- Feedback Portal - Also referred to as a "Portal", the Feedback Portal provides external/non-licensed users with the ability to contribute feedback into the application.
- Product Areas - A top-level category or grouping used to better define for user-generated Feedback and Ideas in Roadmunk.
Creating the Feedback Portal
- From the Feedback module, navigate to the Portal landing page through the top-navigation.
- Once on the Portal page, enter the following details into the respective text boxes:
- Portal Title - A name for your portal, which will appear directly at the top of the form under your company logo (if you've uploaded one into Roadmunk).
- Portal Product Areas - An optional field to define which product areas external users can submit feedback against. If no options are selected, all feedback will be submitted as General Feedback.
- Portal Description - An optional field to provide external users with any instructions or notes relevant to the feedback submission process.
- Portal Status - A toggle which allows you to instantly activate or deactivate a Feedback Portal.
- Company Logo - While not visible on this menu, your company logo can be added to your portal by uploading it via the Account Settings menu. More details on setting up a logo in Roadmunk can be found here.
- Once these details have been added, press the Save button to commit the changes and publish your Portal.
Once this setup has been completed your Portal will be published to a deployment-specific site, labelled as feedback-portal-deploymentName.roadmunk.com. As with published URLs in the Roadmaps module, this Portal will be available to any users who have been provided the direct link.
Updating the Feedback Portal
The Feedback Portal can be updated at any time by selecting the Edit Settings button (highlighted above) on the Portal menu in your Feedback module. Updates to the Feedback Portal are applied automatically for all new visitors; however, if you do have the portal open in another tab or window you may need to refresh the page to view the changes made.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does using the Feedback Portal require special licenses or incur additional charges?
Any users who have access to the Feedback module will also be able to access the Feedback Portal at no extra cost, and external users will not require special licenses to access the Portal.
Can existing users login to the Feedback Portal, similar to the Chrome Extension?
Not at this time. The Feedback Portal will be a completely separate platform than the Chrome Extension and there won’t be any overlap between their functionalities.
Is there an option to edit the Feedback Portal URL?
Not at the moment, although you can always embed the Feedback Portal into another site or tool using an iFrame. More details on that feature can be found in this article.
Can I create multiple Feedback Portals in Roadmunk?
At launch, we're allowing teams to create a single Feedback Portal; however, our team will be actively evaluating user requests to determine if there is a need for multiple Portals per account.