In this Article:
- Custom Idea Views
- Using Factors in Custom Idea Views
Custom Idea Views
Switching to a Custom Idea View
In order to create a Custom Idea View in the Ideas module:
- Navigate to the Ideas module and click into the Change view dropdown
- Select the option + Create Custom View at the bottom of the menu
- In the New custom view modal window, enter the name for your custom view
- Click the Create button in the bottom-right corner to create the view
Once the new custom view has been created, you will be redirected to that view on your screen.
Prioritizing and Scoring a Custom Idea View
In Custom Idea Views, Ideas can still be prioritized in the same way as they are in the built-in Idea Views - either by priority or sorted list (more details on those can be found here). While items can be prioritized in the custom view based on their unique factors or custom prioritization order, they are not scored and cannot be prioritized using the score at this time.
Updating a Custom Idea View
Like the factors and prioritization in a custom view, you can also customize the view itself. Custom views can be renamed or deleted by clicking the gear (⚙️) icon beside the name of the view. While renaming has no impact on users' ability to access the custom view, the view will become inaccessible to all users on the account if deleted.
Using Factors in Custom Idea Views
Working with Preset Factors
When working in Custom Idea Views, Roadmunk users will be able to select from a selection of preset factors that are already present on the built-in R.I.C.E. and Value vs. Effort views. These can be toggled on and off as needed and can be applied or removed at any time.
Working with Custom Factors
To ensure that you're able to prioritize your data effectively and create a view which most accurately reflects your team's needs, Roadmunk allows users to create a limited number of custom factors. These custom factors can be one of several types: a 5 point rating, numeric value, checkbox, or percentage score. In addition to that, users are able to select whether or not the factor is a positive factor or negative factor in relation to the other custom and preset factors available for scoring.
To create a custom factor:
- Navigate to the Ideas module and click into the Change view menu
- Select a Custom View from the drop-down menu
- In the custom view, click into the Add Factors button on the right side of the view
- At the bottom of the menu that appears, select + Create Custom Factor (_ of _ remaining)
- In the New Custom Factors menu, specify the new custom factor's name, type, and sign
- When complete, click the Create button to add the new custom factor to your idea view